Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Repost: Turning off the autopilot

:Six Ways to Bring Creativity to Daily Life

I like this post by Alex Fayle of Someday Syndrome. The things he writes about on increasing creativity in everyday life are consistent with many of the things I'm learning in a Creative Process class I'm taking.

Six suggestions Fayle elaborate on:
  1. Don’t always do things the same way
  2. Make yourself accountable for every minute
  3. Do things you wouldn’t normally do
  4. Live in someone else’s shoes
  5. Explore a new environment
  6. Learn to do absolutely nothing

One of the ways I'm trying to increase my Creativity is to take more time for reflection and processing. In my comment on Fayle's post I wrote, "One thing we have been challenged to do recently (in my Creative Process class) is to daily strive to be surprised, and to surprise. Maintain a daily journal and reflect on something in your day that was unique, out of the ordinary, unlikely, etc. And, try to surprise someone else. Maybe it’s a phone call to someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time, a suggestion you normally wouldn’t make, a thought that is out of line with what fits your normal process, etc."



Bookmark and Share

No comments: