Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Building a mentor-mentoree relationship

I’ve been meeting with a friend/coach/mentor regularly for the past few months. She’s a communications professional at Wells Fargo and it’s been wonderful to get to know her more, share stories and experiences. For our most recent meeting I went through a mentoree guidebook to have a better idea of what usually happens in a mentoring relationships since I’ve never been in one before. We decided it’s definitely going to be informal since our relationship isn’t all going to be focused on my career path and probably won’t end once I find a job or figure out what I want to do in life.

We talked about some overall goal ideas and she gave me some to do’s…which I like a lot. My big “to do” is to figure out some things I don’t want in a job, which is a lot easier for me to figure out than things I want in a job because there are so many things I think I want.

Anyone else building relationships with mentors? What impact has it made with your goals and career decisions?


Bookmark and Share

No comments: