Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Living Water: Blog Action Day

Water. The single most important thing we consume. What would we do, where would we be without it? Dying of dehydration, that’s where, sadly.


This year’s Blog Action Day is all about water.

I’d like to talk about living water. Yes, there are worries about the actual water we drink on a daily basis, but I believe the real concern is peoples’ lack of living water. Living water is that provided by Jesus Christ. His promise to bring life and life abundantly to those who believe and follow Him.

Jesus, the Source of Living Water:

John 7:37: “On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, ‘If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as[c] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.’ By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive.”

John 4:7-14: “When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, ‘Will you give me a drink?’

The Samaritan woman said to him, ‘You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

Jesus answered her, ‘If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.’

‘Sir,’ the woman said, ‘you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?’

Jesus answered, ‘Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.’"

{source}

To read about my post on 2007's Blog Action Day - read about my love of trees.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: