Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

Beautiful Day

Today is a beautiful day. Not only is it 40 degrees outside, but I also got to walk around, take pictures of FM employees and have coffee with a team manager in the health sciences district. It was a pleasure to have coffee with him, share stories and catch up about life. If only every day was this nice. If only it was 40 degrees through the rest of winter. If only I had this fresh attitude everyday while at work. ‘If only.’

‘If only’ appears to be a mindset that I solely control and determine. It doesn’t have much to do with events that happen throughout my day or the people I interact with, but the outlook and attitude I bring into my life each day.

All these boring days I have at work...??? Nah!

“Listen to your life, see it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.”

-Frederick Buechner

No comments: