Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Alaskan Cruising: Juneau

Our honeymoon was amazing and beautiful. I’ve never heard anyone say anything bad about a cruise to Alaska, and you definitely won’t hear anything bad from me either. I’ve never been on a cruise before so I’m probably not the best person to reference when it comes to an unbiased opinion – but I have traveled a decent amount and can compare my trip to many other experiences.

It was probably the most relaxing far-away vacation I’ve ever been on. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want. Swim/hot tub when you want. Get a massage when you want. Sleep in and then wake up in a new city, every day. Fabulous.

Our ship took us through the inside passage, round trip out of Seattle. Each port and city was beautiful in its own unique way and it was so freeing to be out in the open waters. The landscape was impeccable. Who knew so many different terrain types were possible within this stretch? Not me. Glaciers, mountains, volcanoes, rain forest…it goes on and on.

So, to bringing you through nostalgia lane with me, here are a few pictures from the start of our honeymoon adventure (after the scrambling). More to come throughout the week.

Juneau

In Juneau we went on an excursion that consisted of whale watching and hiking through the Tongass National Rain Forest, where we saw lots of Salmon, wild plants and eventually Mendenhall Glacier.









Bookmark and Share

No comments: