Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Sleeping more = a lesser need for coffee

Okay, so even though I may need less coffee in the morning...that doesn't really mean I've lessened my intake. My relationship with Caribou coffee is still going strong. My sleeping habits are starting to improve...although not as ambitiously or as fast as I thought they might.


My third 2011 resolution: Sleep More.


Getting myself to bed earlier...harder than I thought it would be. I actually tried setting an alarm for myself at 10:30 p.m. to tell myself to go to bed at that time. How many times has that been successful? Zero. Instead, usually while far away from my phone, I can hear a little tune that ceases to stop playing until I get up and turn the sound off. Not only has it resulted in annoyance of the hubs, but it's become a little teaser that has consistently reminded  me that I'm failing. 


As of today, the little "Go To Bed" reminder I've listened to night after night...is no longer  (Insert me cackling dr. evil like).


Although the alarm clock reminder didn't work for me, I have consistently gone to bed earlier than my old normal too-late-to-function-right bed time.  And, I'm still planning on working gradually to obtain grandiose (okay, normal) amounts of sleep, and to make it happen consistently.


Getting to bed earlier in 2011, or not?


Bookmark and Share

No comments: