Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Amalgamate: My Love for Trees and the Environment

For Blog Action Day 2007, I wrote about my love of trees. To read about this year's post on water...go here.


My last ''Amalgamate'' post. A post from...a while ago:


So today is an e-reknown holiday, "Blog Action Day." 

And here I sit thinking, 'what can I post today to help others become more environmentally aware?'

If I asked you what you do to help preserve, retain, up-keep, sustain, etc....our environment? What would you say?

I'd guess that a majority would say they recycle. A handful would say they reuse. And another few would find ways to reduce. (If you aren't familiar with the lingo, visit
 here.)

But how much of this is more here-say than actually doing? I'll be the first to admit that I talk a lot more than I act, especially when it comes to talking pro-environment.

But imagine a world without trees? I find it quite impossible. But someday...who knows what our detriment might look like?

Visit the
 Alliance for Sustainability to see more ways that you can help leave a smaller footprint. 

"What better gift can we give this precarious earth than a generation of children [And adults] who have learned to know and love the natural world?"

-Robert Rockwell



Bookmark and Share

No comments: