Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Longing for shelter

Slowly waking to the sound of drops hitting the roof above me, I crawl out of bed, especially chilled. And then I hear a shriek...

Peering out the front window I noticed my roommate realizing our looming fate for the next 4-6 months. Dread overcoming our faces as I stare out with her.

It's that time of year again. A time when so many are happy/cheerful/excited and others grumpy/sluggish/frost-bitten. Although I currently find myself associated with the latter group (and will be there for a while...just give me time), there always comes a time that I also find hope, cheer and excitement in this bittersweet season.

As I sip my earl grey and am trying to calm myself with warm thoughts, I think of all those who, like me, wish away the biting cold but are without all that I have: a shelter, loving arms, hope...or, maybe just tea. May the God who shelters all, especially shelter them.

No comments: